A Point of Interest, or POI, is a location-specific landmark that may be of interest to Yabsta users, such as a beach, historic site, nature reserve, lighthouse, playground or museum.
- Within Yabsta, click your profile tab at the top right and select Admin Panel. In the top navigation, click Content Management. In the left navigation, click Yabsta Content and select Add Landmark from the dropdown menu.
- Select the most appropriate category for your POI. From the Type dropdown menu, select POI.
- Add a short title that describes your POI.
- If applicable, enter a web address and phone number.
- Add a concise, keyword-rich description that describes what your POI is all about. Include details such as the location, opening hours, cultural significance and features.
- If the POI has a physical address, add that here. As many POIs will not have a physical address, it is imperative that you plot the location on the map. A location will not show up on the map unless it has been plotted. This provides a visual indicator of the location.
- Upload a photo/s. The required photo size in pixels is 1540w x 812h. Images make your POI more engaging to users. When possible, include real photos of the POI following Yabsta’s usage and copyright guidelines.
- If applicable, include a video. Select a video from the My Videos section of your account, upload a video file from your computer or link to an external video. Add a short, concise title, keyword-rich description providing more information, and relevant keywords. Video is another great way to engage users who view your POI.
- Click Save to send your POI to moderation. Following approval, you will receive confirmation in your Yabsta Messages.