The People’s Choice Awards allow you to set-up an automated public voting system that lists Businesses, POIs and other items within Yabsta’s database as well as artists, people and other items. Users can then vote on their favourite for a specific category.
- Within Yabsta, click your profile tab at the top right and select Admin Panel. From the top navigation, click Content Management. From the left navigation, click People’s Choice Awards.
- Click Add Voting Period and enter a short, concise and descriptive name. Select your start date and time as well as your end date and time. Click Save. A voting period allows you to select the timeframe/s wherein users can vote on your categories. You can set-up one end of year period where users vote on all categories in one period. You can also set-up monthly voting periods where users vote on a small amount of categories each month.
- In the sidebar, Click Add Category/Business. Select your voting period from the dropdown.
- Click Add to add new categories to your list. Upload an image that represents your category. This image size required in pixels is a minimum of 1540 wide.
- Once a voting period has ended and a winner has been chosen, you have the option here to add a Winner Video, if desired. This is displayed with the category in the Past Winners section of the People’s Choice Awards.
- Select all of the items you wish to list within the category, such as businesses, POIs or artists. For each item, choose a name that represents it, for example the specific business name, and include a link to an internal listing/POI or external website, for example the artist’s website.
- In the sidebar, Click Add Prize/Photo/Logo. Select your voting period and click OK. Enter the prize information for your voting period. The prize headline should include a description of the prize and the name of business supplying it, if applicable. Upload a prize winner photo. This image size required in pixels is a minimum of 1540 wide. Upload a prize provider logo. The logo size required in pixels is 360w x 254h.
- At the end of a voting period, and at any time, the list of winners and voting records can be viewed by clicking on List Award Winners and/or List Prize Winners.